Wind chimes are a popular home decorative item. Students will surely love creating wind chimes at home.
- Bamboo poles (Properly seasoned)
- Thick plywood (1/4 inch and 30 sq.cm long)
- Saw and drill
- Hot glue gun
- Cut the poles into as many as six pieces. The diameter of each piece should be at least 1 inch. Make sure each piece should form an open tube.
- The hollow end of every piece should be split. Use a sharp knife and be careful. The last inch should be tapered at an angle.
- At the opposite end, create a medium hole using the drill. Make sure that all holes are parallel to the cuts.
- Draw a circle on the plywood and cut it out. The round piece should be at least 7 inches.
- Create 12 small holes in the corner of the disc and 3 holes in the middle of the disk (Make sure that these three holes create a triangle shape). Insert string into the holes (the corner ones) and tie with the other ends. Now tie all bamboo pieces with the disk.
- Finally, create a small loop using three strings of the equal length and tie them with the holes at the middle of the disc.