According to some researches, a person’s learning capacity can be increased through various methods; however, it is effective only when one recognizes his/her own learning styles. An increase in your learning capacity primarily depends on the techniques/styles you adopt, which best suit you at the time of learning. Researchers even say that different learning styles affect different parts of the brain.
The latest researches have revealed that students’ learning capacity can be enhanced through a mixed style of studying. The following are the seven best styles—known as the ‘Multiple Intelligence’—that help in increasing learning capacity.
- Verbal Style: Also known as the linguistic style, this method uses both speech and writing in order to increase a student’s learning capacity. This style is common in the tradition education system.
- Mathematical or Logical Style: By adopting this method, students try to reason, logic, and understand the systems. This method is also common in traditional teaching.
- Spatial or Visual Style: This method uses pictures, images, and spatial understanding to help students increase their learning capacity.
- Auditory-Musical or Aural Style: As the name suggests, this method uses music and sound at the time of learning.
- Kinesthetic or Physical Style: In this, a student increases his/her learning capacity through a sense of touch with either hands or body.
- Intrapersonal or Solitary Style: This also—as the name says—refers to the self-study technique.
- Interpersonal or Social Style: This method involves studying in groups or with one another.
Your target should be to develop your ability in the learning styles that you are less aware while enhancing those styles that you already use. This way, you can improve your learning capacity largely, as you would involve more parts of the brain by using different learning styles.