This project provides some insights into how to create a tornado in a bottle.
- One transparent plastic bottle with cap
- Dishwashing liquid
- Fill three quarters of the bottle with water.
- Add some dishwashing liquid to it.
- Sprinkle some glitters into it.
- Put on the cap.
- Start spinning the bottle in a circular motion for quite some time.
- See what happens.
After spinning the bottle for quite some time, you will notice the formation of a mini tornado in the water.
When you spin the bottle in a circular motion, it leads to the formation of water vortex, which resembles the mini tornado. It is because of the centripetal force, the water started spinning around the vortex’s center rapidly.
Image Credit: freedigitalphotos.net