If you are teaching your students food decay, you can encourage them to do this experiment.
- Zipped plastic bags (4 No.)
- One packet of dried beans
- Keep 11-12 beans in one zipped bag.
- Now soak the remaining beans in the water overnight.
- Keep about 11-12 soaked beans in the remaining bags and zip them. Make sure you have squeezed out the air before sealing.
- Refrigerate one bag, keep one bag in a place that is warm and gets enough light, and keep the third bag in a place that is dark and warm for at least 7 days.
- After one week, observe the conditions of beans.
This experiment will help students understand the right condition that leads to food decay faster.
Image Credit: freedigitalphotos.net