Scientific Moderation Policy to Replace Spiking Marks: HRD
The Union ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has set up an inter-board working group (IBWG), comprising eight boards- Gujarat, Telangana, Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Manipur, J&K, CBSE & CISCE, to curb the malpractice of spiking marks and bring into a force a more scientific moderation policy. IBWG will work out a model for all boards to follow.
Key points to work towards
· Grace marks would continue to improve pass percentage
· Grace marks policy would be put up on board’s website and such marks to be reflected on the marksheet
· Grades for extra-curricular activities to be put up on the marksheet
· All boards to work towards adopting a common core curriculum
· State boards could be asked to share questions papers with CBSE to bring into effect a uniformity in assessment and evaluation