Next Education and IIT Bombay organised CEP course
A Continuing Education Program on ‘Emerging Technologies for Effective Teaching and Learning’ was conducted by the Department of Educational Technology (ET) at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) from 19–21 September 2019. Around 70 Indian school educators, including principals, teachers and heads of departments across the country, participated in this event which was sponsored by Next Education India Pvt. Ltd. The convenor of this program was Prof. Sridhar Iyer (Head ET, IIT Bombay). He, along with three other instructors named Prof. Sahana Murthy, Dr Gargi Banerjee, and Dr Veenita Shah, successfully conducted the course for all the participants.
A glimpse into the day-wise events is given below.
- Opening remarks made by Prof. Sridhar Iyer and Mr Beas Dev Ralhan
- Demonstration of emerging technologies for teaching and learning
- IIT Bombay tour and visits to its labs
- Discussions on a learner-centred approach to technology integration
- Execution of a hands-on activity using the Learning Object Evaluation Instrument
- Discussions on the importance of Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs)
- Exploration of different types of learning analytics
- Panel discussions on, ‘How to inculcate 21st-century skills?’
- Execution of a hands-on activity centred on adaptive learning
The program ended with a vote of thanks by the CEP convener, Prof. Sridhar Iyer, followed by the distribution of mementos by him and Mr Sameer Bora to all the participants.