LMS- Learning Management System: Future of education
India’s educational system has always prioritised classroom-based teaching-learning with adherence to traditional teaching methodologies. However, classroom-based learning is unable to address the 21st century education requirements- efficient access to information, opportunities for digital learning, the ability to get immediate feedback; and greater motivation to learn. With the proliferation of technology devices, tools and platforms, the K—12 sector is now equipped to fill this learning gap and offer comprehensive options to their students and teachers. While e-books and tablets are some of the technology tools that schools can choose for their learners, these don’t offer a complete learning solution. There is constant pressure on schools on keeping up with technology. Therefore, schools need digital platforms that facilitate formal teaching-learning activities and community building to enhance education. Learning Management Systems (LMS) are equipped to this end.
What is a Learning Management System?
LMS is a web-based application that helps in the creation, management and delivery of courses. The course management tools streamline and organise teachers’ work. The inbuilt tracking tools provide detailed reports and also aid in tracking course progress. In short, it is a one-stop solution to manage academic operations.
The Need of an LMS
Reduces teacher burden
In the quest to impart the best knowledge and implement the latest pedagogies, teachers are always busy collating the best instructional material from a variety of resources. Additionally, they are always on toes to create assessments and homework assignments. Besides tiresome academic work, teachers are burdened with additional administrative duties. Hence, they are unable to effectively manage their tasks. An LMS can ease the burden on the teachers by supporting content creation, assessment generation, instant reports etc.
A major challenge faced by teachers is maintaining a consistent plan across multiple courses and monitoring the progress of the same. An LMS helps in creating courses and modules as per the desired board and share the same with other teachers as well.
Creation of assignments and continuous evaluation consumes a lot of time and as a result, teachers don’t get the time to focus on concept engagement among students. An LMS empowers teachers to assign and track homework.
Improves learning outcomes
Traditional rote learning methodology including teachers as the facilitator limits the scope of education. 21st century education needs to enhance problem-solving and critical-thinking skills in students. An LMS with tracking tools generated adaptive assessments and detailed reports on learning progress of students, which empowers teachers to focus on weaker areas of students. Therefore, it becomes easier for teachers to correct students’ learning gaps.
Therefore, it is essential for schools to adopt LMS and streamline their teaching-learning process.
LMS for 21st Century Education- NextLMS
NextLMS, a state-of-the-art integrated learning platform by Next Education, thus provides a holistic teaching-learning experience. NextLMS is an academic management tool that facilitates the effective exchange of resources between different stakeholders in a school. This tool stimulates e-learning and expedites the creation, management and delivery of assignments, courses, documents and videos. It is a cloud-based solution that ensures top-notch data security along with vast storage space.
Why choose NextLMS?
- Complete transparency of information among stakeholders to manage academic operations
- Course management simplified for teachers to formulate lesson plans and assign study materials to students
- Standard lesson plans, modules and videos curated across CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE Army Board & 29 State Boards
- Rich library of over 540,000+ questions, 25,000+ learning modules & 6,000+ experiments & simulations
- Availability of content across all online platforms such as iOS, Windows and Android
Distinctive features of NextLMS- a collaborative, personalised, academic management tool
- Course Planning: This feature helps teachers in creating courses and modules in sync with various educational boards. NextLMS provides access to Next Education’s standard lesson plans and resource planning.
- Content creation and aggregation: NextLMS has a vast resource library with our award-winning content across various educational boards and in different languages and open-source content from Youtube and Khan academy .
- Homework solution: NextLMS also empowers teachers to assign homework according to students’ ability either individually or in groups. Also, teachers can track homework of each student.
- Question bank: NextLMS provides teachers with a pre-loaded question library of 540,000+ questions tagged according to Bloom’s Taxonomy and covering CBSE, ICSE, Army Board, IGCSE and 29 State Boards.
- Examination and assessment generator: Through the question repository, NextLMS enables teachers to design any type of examination structure.
- Reports and analytics: Through this feature of the NextLMS, a teacher can obtain data about the student’s academic progress.
- Social collaboration: This feature of the NextLMS, connects students and teachers via groups and forums.
A feature of NextLMS that enables virtual classrooms with top-notch security.
- Virtual classroom solution controlled and moderated by the teacher
- Secured logins so that only students of the class can join the session
- Teachers can take period-wise attendance.
- Live one-to-one doubt sessions by subject teachers
- Students can revisit the recorded lectures.
With so much to offer in an integrated platform, NextLMS makes teaching-learning experience seamless.
Let’s explore the key benefits for all the stakeholders- teachers, principals, students and parents.
Advantages for teachers
- Virtual classroom platform through Live Lecture
- Create lesson plans easily, schedule planning
- Access to a digital content library and question banks
- Real-time information to teachers about course progress
Advantages for principals
- Track academic progress of all students in their school
- Monitor teacher-wise course progress
- Transparent platform
- Facilitates communication between parents, students, teachers and the management
Advantages for parents and students
- Access to digital content in classrooms
- Promotes self-learning among students in association with classroom learning
- Empowers students to learn at their own pace
- Helps parents keep complete track of their child’s homework and academic performance
- Gives students and parents a better understanding of the areas of improvement
With NextLMS, all stakeholders of the K—12 sector stay on the same page and are connected to the teaching-learning process. Everyone becomes an active participant to meet learning needs.