Free MOOCs on Information Communication Technology, and Computer Science teaching and learning
What is MOOC?
A massive open online course is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web. In addition to traditional course materials such as filmed lectures, readings, and problem sets, MOOCs provide interactive user forums to support community interactions among students, professors, and teaching assistants.
Next Education, in collaboration with the distinguished faculty from IIT Bombay, presents to you, two courses for your teachers for free. The two topics- Effective use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Effective teaching-learning of Computer Science (CS), will be covered in a span of four weeks each.
Modules for the MOOC will be released on every Thursday, starting from 5th October 2017.
Online registration for these two MOOC topics will begin from 25th September 2017.
Certificate from IIT BombayX would be awarded after successful completion of the course.
- Schedule of Effective use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT):
Course start date: 5th October 2017: Register Now For Free
The last date for ICT registration extended up to 12th Oct”17
Effective use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in teaching (ET 611Tx)
- Week 1 – IITBombayX and ICT Technologies
- Week 2 – Active Learning and Classroom strategies
- Week 3 – Learning with Visualisations
- Week 4 – Putting it all together
2. Schedule of Effective teaching-learning of Computer Science (CS):
Course start date: 2nd November 2017: Register Now For Free
Effective teaching-learning of Computer Science (CS) ( ET 621Tx)
- Week 1 – Teaching-Learning of Computer Fluency, Safety
- Week 2 – Teaching-Learning of Thinking Skills, Thematic Integration
- Week 3 – Teaching-Learning of Programming Concepts
- Week 4 – Teaching-Learning of Programming Hands-on Activities
Both courses are mandatory for Computer Science teachers. However, the course on ICT is open for all. Teachers from any school using digital education solutions can apply to these online courses.
We hope your institution participates and benefits from the above-mentioned free courses.