Democracy is preferred over dictatorship because it:
- Promotes equality among citizens
- Enhances the dignity of the individual
- Improves the quality of decision-making
- Provides a method to resolve conflicts
- Allows room for correction
Democracy is followed differently across the world on the basis of their social situations, economic achievements and cultures.
Outcomes out of every democracy:
- As a political outcome of democracy, we expect an accountable, responsive and legitimate government.
- As an economic outcome, we expect that democracies produce economic growth and development, and reduce poverty and inequality.
- As a social outcome, we expect democracy to accommodate the social diversity in a society, and provide dignity and freedom to all citizens.
Democracy is just a form of government; it can only create suitable conditions for us. As citizens, we have to take advantage of those conditions and achieve our goals.