1: First, we use it for things that are happening at the moment of speaking
2: We can also use this tense for temporary situations, when we feel something won't continue for a long time.
- I'm working at the moment.
- Please call back as– we are eating dinner now.
3: We can use the present continuous for habits but they have to be temporary or new habits
- She's staying with her friend for a week.
- I'm living in London for a few months.
(for normal habits that continue for a long time, we use the present simple
5: The next use is for definite future arrangements (with a future time word).
- He's eating a lot these days.
- She's swimming every morning (she didn't use to do this).
In this case we have already made a plan and we are pretty sure that the event will happen in the future.
6: Finally we use this tense to talk about a situation which is slowly changing.
- I'm meeting my father tomorrow.
- We're going to the beach at the weekend.
- I'm getting better at playing the piano.
- The weather is improving.