Study the following Newspaper headlines:
- Drug suspect shot after ramming deputies
- Burglary suspect shot and arrested
- Empire State Building shooting kills 2, injures 9
- 2 dead, 9 wounded in Empire State Building shootings, police say
- 9 people shot in front of Empire State Building, gunman and one other dead
As you have seen in the above headlines the passive voice is used to emphasize the receiver of the action. It should be noted that auxiliary verb before the 3rd form of the main verb is often omitted in the Newspaper headlines.